* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
s o m e • f o o d • f o r • t h o u g h t

food is fabulous....and the fact of the matter is there is nothing i would rather do than go out for delicious delights with my dear dear friends. Sweet, savory and oh so yummy is there really anything more marvelous than spending time with the people you love dining over delectables? ...and so kate's kitchen escapades was born.....this little "ode to food" chronicles my love for eating and the oh so exciting adventure that dining out can be.........so read it, enjoy, eat, drink and be merry... i hope you love it as much as i love sharing it with you..…..

Friday, July 20, 2007

getting my greens

Urban Herbivore

with my woven grocery basket in tow i strolled down Augusta towards my little kensington market lunch spot. With each step closer my tummy grumbled a little louder, my eyes widened a bit more with excitement, and the pace of my sandeled step increased ever so slightly. Meat eaters beware the Urban Herbivore is of the vegan variety but i beg of you...please do not judge this lovely leafy lunch spot without giving it a chance to grace you with its oh so delicious greenery. I have to say that it was the scrumptious sandwiches and freshly squeezed lemonade that won me over from the get go and continues to keep me craving this oh so good for you lunch time and time again. Upon recommendation i ordered the sesame tempah sandwich and was not disappointed. Layer upon layer of goodness was piled between two slices of a seedy, hearty home baked pita bread and with each bite i could feel myself getting healther. I sipped the lemonade slowly, sweet and tart all at the same time, it was the perfect compliment and i had to resist the urge to gulp it all down in one go. ... Dreadlocks and sandals not required but not discouraged either, the Herbivore is super special, oh so sweet soup, salad and sandwich spot servicing a local, hippy dippy crowd with the occasional "suit" and fashionista thrown into the mix.

Urban Herbivore
64 Oxford St
Toronto, ON

No comments: